Sunday, January 18, 2009

I800 Woes

We finally found out last Friday that our I800 is stuck at the NBC. Apparently we are short a document. A little disgusting just because we were not aware that we needed such a document, but we're hoping that the delay is not a long one. Hopefully the document will be completed in California next week and on its way back to us asap. Then it has to be sent to our officer, who told Roger that was the only thing that she was waiting on....so, if you are praying with us, please pray for a quick resolution to this problem!

We still need to send everything to D.C. for authentication, then to the Chinese Embassy for approval. From there, I think that it will all be translated and sent to China. We don't really know what to expect from here, but are optimistic that we may be logged in by the end of February or first of March! :)

We have had some more encouraging news on the financial front, but our original source of funding is still MIA. We are praying that resumes very soon! Interestingly enough, our pastors sermon last week was on faith. Specifically the faith of David. He referenced the battle of David versus Goliath. As anyone can tell you, the adoption process is ONE BIG GOLIATH!! I unfortunately had to work, but as Roger was telling me about the sermon, I wept. It was as if God was personally saying to me "you're faith HAS to be stronger. You HAVE to trust me, Kris. I am behind this, and I am going to see this through for MY glory!" How awesome is our God!

I pray that you conquer all of your Goliath's this week!

Love you guys!

Kris

No comments: