Friday, October 23, 2009

Aaahhhhhhh Fall!



































My FAVORITE season, and luckily, DH's too! The girls have been busy, busy with school and activities. We were able to visit Ashland last weekend during fall break. Nina met my grandmother and my great aunt for the first time, attended the Ashland football game, and charmed the pants off my parents and my brother!

We found out later in the week that my 40 year old baby brother had been in a terrible accident while working. He is SO blessed to be alive, and my mom and I have reminded him that God has a DEFINITE and IMPORTANT plan for his life. His UPS truck rolled over an unknown amount of times while falling over a 60 foot hill! He suffered some major head trauma, and had to have an ear reattached, but it could have been SO much worse, esp. if he hadn't been wearing a seatbelt!

Nina has grown a 1/2 inch already! She still does not like milk (and it makes her very sick--even the lactose free kind), but we have found ways to sneak some calcium into her diet. Of course, she also continues to take daily vitamins, and is eating more "American style" food these days. I'm still making lots of noodles, but we are making progress! She is such a joy, and I miss her so much when she is at school! Emma is doing TONS better, too. Her teacher showed me her notebook during our conference. Emma has drawn many, many pictures of her holding hands and playing with her sister, and most of the titles say "I love my sister," or something similar. Despite the bunkbeds, they choose to sleep in the SAME twin bed most nights, and both have recently gotten into "cleaning" the house. A welcome change! :)


Enjoy the new pictures! We love you guys!

No comments: